Thursday, January 1, 2009

Will You

Original poetry. Please do not use without written consent of blog owner.

Will you still love me at the end of the day,
When all of my demons have come out to play?
Will you still want to hold me when you know the truth,
When the skeletons of my past shake hands with you?

Will you listen to my heart cries when my soul needs to be soothed,
Or will baring all emotion prove too diffictult for you?
Will you be content with the quiet and my need to "be still?"
Will you laugh out loud, cry, can you be real?

Will you still think I'm beautiful when I've had a bad day,
When my temper is raging and I want my own way?
Will you know what to do when my tears start to flow?
Will you make love to me gently, soft, tender, and slow?

Will you be enough to give reason to rhyme,
Will you be the love I've needed for a lifetime?
Will you? Can you? Be all these thing and more,
My best friend, my soul mate, what I've been longing for?

Will you?

Written July 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home