Thursday, January 1, 2009

See Me

Original poetry. Please do not copy or use without written consent from blog owner.

How can I make you understand what's inside of me...
That the person that I am is not who you see?

I am not strong or full of grace.
I'm more than just a pretty face.
I have scars that run deep and cut through my soul,
I've had more pain and tragedy than any one person should know

I cry for no reason at all and laugh at the wrong time,
And on more than one occasion I've been known to speak my mind.

When my eyes darken and I'm filled with rage,
It's then that I'm trying to break out of this cage.
My anger is not directed at you, my victim of circumstance,
I just long to be free from this farce of a dance.

I yearn to run through my field of dreams,
Where happiness isn't so far out of reach.

Look deeper and tell me what you see...
Past my heart, into my soul, can you see me?

Written July 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home