Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mother Of A Boy

Original poetry. Please do not copy or use without written consent from blog owner.

Little boy with darkened hair and eyes so big and brown,
Tell me where you got those lips that never wear a frown.
They seem to always point upward as if to reach the sky,
Joy shines across your face and there's sunshine in your eyes.

Hugs and kisses you generously give away,
While your laughter and smiles fill up my whole day.

You share your secrets, dreams, and your pain,
Knowing that mommy is here time and time again.
I've mended hearts and hurts, and even broken toys,
This is just part of the job of being a mother to a boy.

And as I watch you sleeping, seeing how time has flown,
I know our time is special, for soon you'll be all grown.

But you'll always be my baby, mama's pride and joy.
Oh what a privilege to be the mother of a boy.

Written July 1997
During the time Blake was going through multiple surgeries, for Blake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home