Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Untitled (for now)

Original poetry. Please do not copy or use without written permission from blog owner.

Lying here in the darkness
I hear your chest rise and fall.
Longing to touch you,
Yet afraid of risking it all.

The voices in my head
Argue with my fate.
Begging me to reach out
Before it's too late.

I wrestle with the demons
Of "what if" and my fears,
I plead with my heart
To stop the flow of tears.

I cry out to God
"is this really fair?"
Wanting to forgive you,
Pretending not to care.

The clock keeps time,
You'll be awake soon.
So I tuck my thoughts away
Into their silent tomb.

Until darkness falls
And the stillness of the night,
Awakens the battle inside of what is truly wrong
And how to make it right.

Written January 21, 2009

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In truth you know as well as I only God ,in His time will make this right. This to shall pass. This is a beautiful articulation of feelings...keep writing
John and Melissa

January 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home